Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Not sure if this is the right subforum. 

System specs:

Model: HP Pavilion p6522f desktop PC

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9 Ghz

Memory: 8 GB RAM installed  (2 sticks x4)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 graphics card

Motherboard: CPU-Z tells me it's a "FOXCONN" model "2A92 1.01" and the BIOS is American Megatrends Inc. v 6.09 09/07/2010.

My BIOS seems very out of date (3 years old) and I would like to update it. I use this computer for gaming, and Borderlands 2 is unreasonably laggy even on mid/low settings, and I've read in multiple places that making sure the BIOS is updated is an effective fix. How do I go about doing this? What's the right .exe to download and run?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can find new BIOS up to 8th May 2013 on the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4254...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can find new BIOS up to 8th May 2013 on the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4254...

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That's definitely the right one? I will go forward with it then. Is all I have to do close all other programs and run the exe?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally flashing BIOS will require a boot therefore close everything before flashing BIOS.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

This BIOS update was successful. Didn't fix my lag in-game, but thanks anyways.

HP Recommended

the link is dead. I need an update to install a new gpu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.