Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (15,918 Views)

how can i change the keyboard settings off the blue symbols to the right- and not get é ^ à etc

hi- i have a desktopand canèt get rid of these crazy symbols in blue.... instead of the question mark i get é   help!!!

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (15,914 Views)

Re: how can i change the keyboard settings off the blue symbols to the right- and not get é ^ à etc

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Sorry, hope you are talking about this:

Please shut down the notebook. Tapping f10 as you start up to access the Bios Menu and make the change described in the document on the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Teacher
Message 3 of 6 (15,900 Views)

Re: how can i change the keyboard settings off the blue symbols to the right- and not get é ^ à etc

It sounds like you may not have correct keyboard language installed. Here's a link that should show you how to double check that and select the correct one if it's not set.

Thanks,

Scott
I am an HP employee
Intern
Message 4 of 6 (15,326 Views)

if it's like mine, press hold left ctrl+shift and tap righ shift key, this should toggle between use of the different characters

Note: sometimes I find it doesn't work on first try and have to try a couple of times, sometimes have to press the righ shift key twice!! weird but works
Student
Message 5 of 6 (11,532 Views)

Highlighted
Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,273 Views)

This is the best solution to this issue for those looking-works perfectly, thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation