Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello i have a hewlett packyard dc7700 i just changed the processor from a

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6300

to

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7500

now its giving me a erro saying  invalid processor microcode update  how  can i fix this please help 

my operating system is windows 7 can  someone help me how to update the microcode

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is all the info you need to update the microcode for your dc7700.

You have to copy the DOS flash files in the microcode update folder to a bootable usb flash drive, with DOS command files on it.

Put the flash drive in the PC, turn it on and the PC should boot to the usb flash drive.

At the command prompt, type Flashbin.exe and hit the enter key.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the microcode.

I zipped up and attached the utility to make a bootable flash drive below, the DOS command files you need, as well as the dc7700 microcode update files.

You make the bootable flash drive first by running sp27608.

After the utility has formatted the drive and made it bootable, copy the dos files to it, then copy the Microcode update files to it.

Copy just the files in the folders, not the folders.

Note:  There is a problem with the E7xxx processors and the dc7700.  They only run at 1/2 speed, so you have to run this utility to adjust the multiplier to the max, every time you start windows.

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is all the info you need to update the microcode for your dc7700.

You have to copy the DOS flash files in the microcode update folder to a bootable usb flash drive, with DOS command files on it.

Put the flash drive in the PC, turn it on and the PC should boot to the usb flash drive.

At the command prompt, type Flashbin.exe and hit the enter key.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the microcode.

I zipped up and attached the utility to make a bootable flash drive below, the DOS command files you need, as well as the dc7700 microcode update files.

You make the bootable flash drive first by running sp27608.

After the utility has formatted the drive and made it bootable, copy the dos files to it, then copy the Microcode update files to it.

Copy just the files in the folders, not the folders.

Note:  There is a problem with the E7xxx processors and the dc7700.  They only run at 1/2 speed, so you have to run this utility to adjust the multiplier to the max, every time you start windows.

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html

HP Recommended

Thank you very much,

i appreciate the help given 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.