Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pro 3330
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
hi,the proplem is my computer is infected by avirus which make my computer take long time to boot and the icons of my desktop takes along time to respond for opening ,so are their any thing can do to remove this virus ?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Actually, your best option would be to perform a factory recover and reinstall your software, including a top of the line antivirus program.

Did you not have one installed?

There is a list of well regarded antivurus products at PCMag.com.

See the following web document.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
tnx mr erico but am afraid to lose my windows10 and returning to my previous windows7 if i did factory recovery so i want to know if that affect my operating system or not and finnaly i tried using many antivirus for free trial like maccafy,eset,avast and even norton but got no result while the last antivirus i mean norton at the firstime i used it realy showed me avirus and when i click on fix it dident solv the proplem so any soloutions?
HP Recommended

@erico

What do you think of this link?  It suggests a way to create a USB WIN 10 re-install.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@wb2001

That is what I use for standard installs. It also depends on whether the PC hard disk has an MBR or GPT format. 

@khaledmus

Did you not create usb flash drive recovery media? 

Was your desktop PC delivered with Windows installed or was it a FreeDos box?

If you install Windows with the Microsoft created installer you will have to download the drivers form HP.

If you install Windows 10 with recovery media crteated by the HP Recovery media creator, all of the required drivers are present in the recovery media.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
thank u both mr wb2001 and mr erico,and about my pc it came with windows7 preinstalled and few months ago i updat it to windows 10 online via web link from microsoft and i didnt mak usb flash drive recovery media yet so now am i suppose to reinstall my windows again or the main proplem which i mentioned ubove is got to solve with no need for reinstall new windows
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.