Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
scanjet 3500c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

does any one know where i can find a driver so I can continue using my scanjet 3500c on the new windows 10 OS. hate to get rid of it. using a Dell Optiplex 745.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Looks like you jumped from XP all the way over to 10?

That scanner wasnt supported past Vista.

There are no known 3rd party drivers for Windows 10.

I'm sorry.

HP Recommended

Went from XP to Win 7 and it work just fine, went to win10 and can't use it. rather madning. Everytime MS comes out with a new OS the consumer has to change printers, scanners,coppers and whatall.

HP Recommended

If it worked in Win 7, you got lucky.

But yes, I agree on the change in OS's all the time. If it aint broke dont fix it.

If you have your installation media for Win 7, you may consider reverting back.

Or if you have enough ram installed, you might be able to run 7 in a virtual machine. Its a bit of work around to do so, but an alternative just the same.

Sorry I cant help further.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.