08-27-2009 09:28 AM
I just got a 2159m and it's great, except for one thing. For years, I have left my computer on all the time and just turned the monitor off when I'm not using it. But when I do that with this monitor, it will not see a signal on the DVI or VGA ports when I turn it back on until I reboot my computer (I haven't tried the HDMI port). I also tried just having Windows put the monitor to sleep after a set time, but it does the same thing when I try to wake it back up. Does anyone have a solution for this? I tried emailing HP tech support about this, but they just responed with instructions on how to put the computer in sleep mode.
10-14-2009 11:57 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 10:11 AM by OscarFuentes
I just purchased one of these 2159m monitors KaveFish. Blows away my old vs19.
But I get the exact same problem. Sometimes it turns off after the Windows XP loading screen.
Then I have to put the PC into Standby mode using keystrokes Windows, U, S (no screen displaying).
When I hit a key, the monitor wakes up. Annoying.
It's a long link, but it might help.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10