Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have put a lot of work into perfecting my PC's video and audio over the last 2 years, the PC in question is a HP p6313w.

I had installed a powerful graphics card to the computer, equipped surround sound and the whole lot.

One of the things I had done, one day I got a wild hair and decided to update all of my drivers. Video and audio to be exact.

In this process, due to not knowing where to go, I had picked up a single trojan, which my AV had easily cleared without issue.

Also I had messed up my sound in fact and had to default back to the original. 

Given the way I am with tinkering around on computers, I kept going, and eventually found a new driver for my soundcard.

In this new edition, instead of having a list of equalizer styles to choice from, I had a full blown equalizer I could customly tone and adjust. After playing with it daily over the course of several months, I had absolutely perfected it. Had amazing bass and amazing treble that sounded entirely lifelike.

With this said, I turned it off, and tried my old style of equalizer I had selected months back, and it was so fake sounded I could not stand it, as my custom toned equalizer was much, much better.

I have never had any problems with my computer, only that I had gathered so much on it over the years I decided to clean it.

Instead of doing each individual program one by one, I backed up EVERYTHING onto a terabyte USB HDD. One of the things I could not back up was this updated driver.

I rebooted and set things back up. Everything is running smooth as always (Freaking Love HP computers).

I entered a game and then heard the sound, and shrieked, I had forgot to get the driver update.

I have always been happy with my speakers and their sound, but after hearing what an equalizer customized to fit my own ear could do, I can I never go back to the basic driver.

The problem is, I have absolutely no idea where to find it this time, as it took me days to last time.

My PC is a HP p6313w.

My soundcard is a Realtek ALC888S HD audio model.

The current driver is dated as 9/15/2009 and the version is 6.0.1.5938. This is basic and default.

Can someone please, please point me to a later version than 6.0.1.5938?

I have checked the Realtek website, perhaps I am simply lost in their directories, but I could not even find a driver for it.

And I have went to Sound, Opened my driver properties, and then the additional properties, and as before "Update Driver" and "Roll Back Driver" are greyed out. Yet, I some how found an updated version than what I have before a long time ago. So I DO know it exists, and I do know the "Update Driver" button is not how I obtained it.

Can anyone point me towards a newer version than up above? My sound currently I can live without having brain hemoraging, but I still do not like it. To me this is necisary and I only ask for someone to point me to a new driver.

The reason for the last statement, I have read on multiple sites, plenty of people refusing to help people who want a newer, better version stating "If it works --YOU-- do not --NEED-- an update, suck it up and live with it." as a general tone in what is said to that person.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

if you want the latest Realtek HD audio driver, you can download it at the link below. Accept the agreement and download the file for the OS you are running.

The driver is good for most, if not all of their HD audio chips.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

The product specs for your PC indicate it shipped with W7 x64.

If that is correct, download and install the second driver on the list.

Paul

HP Recommended

At first I thought it would work, but After updating, I do not even HAVE an equalizer.

Very many of the options are actually gone now, its maybe 3 or 4 left.

The date is 2 days older than my default driver, yet the version is higher.

This has done more harm than good, but it is no big deal as long as it can be restored, as I had to tinker last time.

HP Recommended

I have found my driver, perfectly built.

The version is 6.0.1.6106 and it has the equalizer 

Thank you for your help, you now has +1 Kudos!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended
sorry dude...its not me...but this stupid forum..aarh..i hate when these happens..but it wont let me go until i post this...(i accidentally clicked the reply button while scrolling..now it redirects to your reply page when i click somewhere i can write...(cell contigency)).. sorry for the trouble...:)
HP Recommended
ooh..sorry again...hey mark...can you tell me which version of the realtek codec you are running...imean the software you know..the audio sys in our words..im a p073tx user ...so and im bugged with the limited(but awesomely and cute beats audio sys on realtek driver...) capabilities of my audio device..i want to upgrade to a realtek...so it'd be helpful to me to know what you ate running....(not the driver version...coz i have the 6.0.1.7231)...thanks...in advance.
HP Recommended

@KnlghT wrote:
ooh..sorry again...hey mark...can you tell me which version of the realtek codec you are running...imean the software you know..the audio sys in our words..im a p073tx user ...so and im bugged with the limited(but awesomely and cute beats audio sys on realtek driver...) capabilities of my audio device..i want to upgrade to a realtek...so it'd be helpful to me to know what you ate running....(not the driver version...coz i have the 6.0.1.7231)...thanks...in advance.

Hi KnlghT.  There's a Realtek HD audio driver update for your P073TX laptop here.  The sp69618 package has version 1.20 A according to HP but it actually contains v6.0.1.7358 of the audio drivers (release date posted by HP was 11/04/2014).  You will need to uninstall the 7231 drivers first, then reboot and install the 7358 drivers.

Btw, Markmcx's HP P6313W computer is a desktop computer (and you are using a laptop computer) and the latest available drivers specific on his computer are v6.0.1.5938, though he could try out the newer 7358 drivers that I mentioned.

HP Recommended

where did you find the driver? please post a link. thank you

HP Recommended

@ann_nonjawrote:

where did you find the driver? please post a link. thank you

which one do you want?

here's v6.0.1.5938 (old) [32bit Windows] [64bit Windows] sp44503, sp44555

and here's v6.0.1.7358 from sp69618.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.