Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

just bought a new HP Pavilion p7qe with a AMD Radeon 6450 video card.  How do I run 2 DVI monitors? I tried a DVI digital dual link splitter, no dice. I ordered a multi monitor hub adapter, DP to DVI 3......that wont work.  HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Radeon 6450 on your PC has three ports; DVI, HDMI and VGA according to the configurator.  Please verify that information.

You can use a DVI  to HDMI cable. www.pccables.com You might want to consider an adapter (DVI-HDMI).  I don't recommend adapters as they add more points of failure.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Radeon 6450 on your PC has three ports; DVI, HDMI and VGA according to the configurator.  Please verify that information.

You can use a DVI  to HDMI cable. www.pccables.com You might want to consider an adapter (DVI-HDMI).  I don't recommend adapters as they add more points of failure.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue that you responded back to the other user.  But the Radeon HD 6450 that HP installed in my PC does not have a VGA port.  But I'm not worried about that too much.  But my main monitor is a HP 2311x (which has a DVI, VGA and HDMI input) and my second monitor is a HP 2011x (which only has a DVI and VGA input).  How would you recommend that I connect these 2 monitors?  Can I use an HDMI for my main monitor connection and then a DVI for my second monitor?  I'm just so use to using video splitters, but the research that I've read thus far all seem to indicate that it will not work for me.  If anyone has any ideas as to how best to set this up, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Glenn

HP Recommended

Hi Glenn,

There have been problems reported with some models of the HP 2x11x and HDMI.    Check with HP Support if you have any issues using HDMI.

If the Radeon 6450 has DVI and HDMI then you should be OK.

Connect the HP 2311x via HDMI and make sure that it works before try the other monitor.

Connect the HP 2011x via DVI and make sure that it works.

The maximum resolution of the 2011x is only 1600 by 900 and the 2311x is 1920 by 1080. For a continuous extended desktop, you will need to set the resolution on the 2311x to that of the 2011x.

This dual monitor article should be helpful.

And yes, get rid of those splitters.

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded my HP computer to a new hp provided AMD Radeon HD 6450.  It has a HDMI and DVI port, however I am unable to determine what type of hdmi cable it uses it is certainly not a standard one.  Upon reading the documentation from AMD, it appears that this card is capable of handling 4 monitors not just 2.  What kind of hdmi is the port and where can I get it from, and is there a splitter cable for the HDMI?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You need a AMD 6450 with a Display Port  that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport to support four monitors.

Forget about using adapters and splitters with DVI and HDMI.  You can buy native DVI and HDMI cables here.

HP Recommended

I am trying to setup my computer with dual monitor.  I have the AMD Radeon 6450.  I currently have my HPw2007 hooked up using the VGA port (although I do see that it also have a DVI port on the back).  I am wanting to hook up an old monitor that only has a VGA port.  I was told that I needed to get a new video card.  Based on what I've read the video card that I have should work.  So, what do I need to do to set up the dual monitors for extension view?  I mainly need it for work and no gaming.  Thanks!

HP Recommended
> I have the AMD Radeon 6450
Well, which manufactorer?
Which outputs do you have?
A card with several outputs can run several monitors.
I would run the current vga cable with the old monitor (I think it's easy to check if it works) and use the other port to the dvi port of the w2007.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

I have a Dell XPS 8300.  There is a DVI-D, HDMI & VGA port on the video card.  I'll try what you suggested unless you have any other suggestions.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 and want to setup 4 monitors as well. I do not like idea of DisplayPort1.2 hub. It will be less to buy another AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 and have more video card power. Will i be able to still use AMD Eyefinity multidisplay technology to create 4 monitor setup with two adapters?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.