05-29-2013 01:26 PM
05-29-2013 01:35 PM
What is your machine ? There are PCI and PCIe cards and they won't be exchangeable. You need a right card.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-29-2013 01:55 PM
If this is the motherboard you have...then you need a PCie x1 audio card which fits in one of those 3 small black slots beneath the PCIe x16 video card slot.
Examples of PCIe x1 audio cards...
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10