Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How can I close touchscreen and go back to the key board?

HP Recommended

I have a newer model HP all-in-one (540-1047c) that I purchased from Costco.

I was somehow able to disable my touch screen about a year ago because my cat's tail kept causing me problems.

Now, for one given program, I want to re-enable it.

Under Control Panel there is a "Pen and Touch", but no way to re-enable the touch screen.  Under Device Manager, I have the  Voltron Touch Screen option but it says "enabled".  Not only for that option, but for all the options under HID Compliant Device (all are enabled), yet I can't get my touch screen to recognize my finger anymore.

HP Recommended

For some it's going to be going into the control panel and it will probably say something like "Touch Panel Control" under the human interface section, as seen below:

touch screen.jpg

HP Recommended

Except to this step got other option for disable touch scrren function? Bcos my friend one with same model(window 7) got advance option on path (pen and touch ) able to disable touch screen function.kindly advice solution,thanks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.