Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having trouble with bugs hitting my screen during this time of year. I can't really do much because the bugs are constantly taking me to different pages.

53 REPLIES 53
HP Recommended

My family has cats and the touch screen is so sensitive that when a tail barely brushes the thing, it moves, closes, shrinks, etc. windows.  I would also like a way to to the touch screen capabilities off or possibly reduce the sensitivity.

HP Recommended

My best suggestion would be to deactivate as many of your touch input settings.

Go to Control Panel,

then Hardware and Sound,

then Pen and Touch,

Click Touch tab and unclick box that says "Use your finger as an input device."

I don't think this will turn it off but it might help reduce the effects.

HP Recommended

That will turn it off.

to make a short cut to it on your desktop

1. click on the windows start circle

2. type in Pen and you'll see "Pen and Touch" as an option under the heading Control Panel

3. right click it and drag it to your desktop to creat a short cut

then when you want to turn it on and off you'll have it there for quick access...the setting is under the Touch Tab...

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you!  Cat troubles averted.

HP Recommended

I haven't looked through the whole of this article but if you follow these instructions then you can turn the touch screen completely off and on with ease:

Control Panel

HP Touch Screen Configuration

Global Settings Tab

Simply click disable under that option.

This way it is easily enabled at a later date.

Hope this helps people who are still struggling with this.

HP Recommended

I don't see "HP TouchScreen Configuration" anywhere on my Control Panel.  Is that supposed to come up directly on Control Panel, or do you have to go through some other option to get to that?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Owen75 wrote:

I don't see "HP TouchScreen Configuration" anywhere on my Control Panel.  Is that supposed to come up directly on Control Panel, or do you have to go through some other option to get to that?  Thanks.

Did you try the other approaches referenced by posters above?

HP Recommended

Yes, I was successful with the method going to "Hardware  and Sound" and then to "Pen and Touch" and turning off the finger option.   But I asked the question because I do not find anything on my control panel like  "HP TouchScreen configuration."  So I wanted to know if that is simply not on my computer for some reason (I've got a newer version, maybe--bought my computer in April 2011) or if I've missed something.  Because I'd like to be able to go to a configuration screen if there is one.

HP Recommended

That's not the question you initially asked..

There is a Windows based configuration utility, just review the various updates on HP.com for your model or a similar one.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.