Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On the contrary, that is the question that I asked in my first post on this thread.  Please pay attention to the identity of the person who posts the various questions in the thread.

HP Recommended

@Owen75 wrote:

On the contrary, that is the question that I asked in my first post on this thread.  Please pay attention to the identity of the person who posts the various questions in the thread.

yes SIR!

HP Recommended

Per HP Technical Support:  "Hp TouchScreen Configuration" has been replaced by "Pen and Touch."   More recent models would have "Pen and Touch," older models would have "HP TouchScreen Configuration."  The "Configuration" option does not appear on any TouchSmart 610 series all-in-one computers.   So to turn off the finger-operated TouchScreen one would use whichever appears on the Control Panel of the computer in question.

HP Recommended

I am experiencing same problem with my HP IQ810de, i am from Pakistan, i bought that used system from a guy, he told me that for some reasons its touch system is not working and he was never bother to know the reason behind it, 

I am trying to figure out since last few days that why my touch screen not working and coming through this forum i got to know that i also don't have HP TouchScreen Configuration in my control panel, however as Owen75 explained in last post that HP new systems coming with Pen and Touch option  i can see Pen and Touch in my control panel but i don't know how to use it, can any1 please help me out to configure it  ?

I would be very thankful for your help !!!

HP Recommended

Is there a way to turn off the touchscreen with code (i.e. Visual Basic)?

HP Recommended

I am trying to remove startup programs that may be slowing my performance on my Touchsmart Tx2. I'm using Vista 64-bit.

#1. When disableing the touchscreen through Pen and Input Devices, does it remove the programs such as SynTPENH and NtrigApplet from the statup list or from memory, thereby improving performance? If not, can I remove them from startup and manually run them when needed?

#2. Each of the programs above have a normal and a 64-bit version that are both run at startup - is that neccessary? Can I safely remove the non-64-bit versions from the list?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Britt, I have successfully turned of my touchscreen using the method below.

You didn't state which model or operating system you have. If my solution doesn't help you, could you repost with complete model number and operating system (such as Windows XP, Windows 8, etc).

These instructions are for Windows 8. To get to Device Manager in Windows 7, click the Start button, and then type Device Manager in the search field. Select Device Manager from the search results.

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, EXCEPT when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended

I tried the suggestion but there is no OFF button under the pen and touch, my mother does not know or want to learn how to do the touch screen somehow it turned on and the mouse will not work

HP Recommended

there is no place there to do what the instructions say to do this is so **bleep** frustrating I want the touch screen off

HP Recommended

when i go to there it does not have that option i have a windows8 hp pavilion touchsmart 14 sleekbook and i cant figure it out! when i go to pen and touch i can only adjust the actions for double tap and press and hold and then visual feedback. then when i go to tablet pc settings i can calibrate witch i  only can touch the x's on the screen, calibrate pen settings(which i dont have), or choose right or left handed. please help me!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.