Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a1310y
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my mothers HP Pavilion a1310y to Windows 7 Pro. It is working fine except for what I believe to be the drivers. The audio is not working, and the screen does the thing where everything is bigger and looks like it needs an update.
On the HP website and in HP support assistant, I can not find these drivers specifically for my windows version. Is there an external source?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The graphics adapter your PC has cannot run all of the features of W7.

I can give you a driver that will allow you to change the screen resolution, and have graphics acceleration but you won't have windows aero because the onboard Intel graphics can't run it.

Download and run this driver.   You will get an unsupported operating system error.  Close out of any error windows.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.exe

Go to the device manager and there will either be a device labeled video controller with a ! mark under an Other Devices category, or if you do not see such a device, click to expand the Display Adapters device category and there you will see a Standard VGA Adapter.

Click on either of those you see.

Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the graphics driver file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34749.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC and the graphics should be working like it was on XP.

Audio:

See if the driver directly from Realtek works.  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 1st driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@St4tch wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my mothers HP Pavilion a1310y to Windows 7 Pro. It is working fine except for what I believe to be the drivers. The audio is not working, and the screen does the thing where everything is bigger and looks like it needs an update.
On the HP website and in HP support assistant, I can not find these drivers specifically for my windows version. Is there an external source?

This computer shipped with Windows XP and is no longer supported.  HP does not currently offer any supported drivers for Windows 7.  You can check Windows Updates for any drivers supported by Microsoft or you can try searching for the driver from the hardware vendors (will need to check the Hardware ID flags in the Device Manager).

HP Recommended

Hi:

The graphics adapter your PC has cannot run all of the features of W7.

I can give you a driver that will allow you to change the screen resolution, and have graphics acceleration but you won't have windows aero because the onboard Intel graphics can't run it.

Download and run this driver.   You will get an unsupported operating system error.  Close out of any error windows.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.exe

Go to the device manager and there will either be a device labeled video controller with a ! mark under an Other Devices category, or if you do not see such a device, click to expand the Display Adapters device category and there you will see a Standard VGA Adapter.

Click on either of those you see.

Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the graphics driver file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34749.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC and the graphics should be working like it was on XP.

Audio:

See if the driver directly from Realtek works.  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 1st driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs

HP Recommended

Thank you!!

The audio now works correctly and I am adjusting the video. Shame it doesnt work with Aero, its a nice touch. But what can you expect from a 11 year old PC, haha. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.