Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI...
i have successfully found the solution for the problems you guyz are facing!
I too had the same problem before, as it is because of the lack of display drivers of your device!
Steps to fix the problem:-

1.Right click on the MY COMPUTER icon on the desktop.

2.Select the Manage option.

3.Now select the Device Manager from the left pane on the screen.

4.Select the Display Adapters pane from the list on the center of your screen.

5.It will show you the installed display driver on your system. Right click on the driver and select the option update drivers.

Once the drivers are updated to the required drivers for your system it will automatically enable your brighteness option and hotkeys on your keyboard.
Surly works!
Email me for further support and assistence @ suriaksh1@gmail.com

Thanks

AKSH SURI

HP Recommended

Hello,

First of all thanks for your post, but I have already updated my drivers as stated at the begining of the post.  My drivers are up to date and I still cannot adjust the brightness of the screen.  Thanks again for trying.  I wish someone from HP would address this problem ASAP (As Soon As Possible).

HP Recommended

Hi chal440,

I saw this thread and I did some research and I found something that may work. The link below is for a third-party forum were someone was having the opposite problem that you are it was very dim. The solution was to change to a Standard VGA Adapter. Look at Popeye's posts.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33433-brightness-won-t-adjust-after-windows-8-1-update.h...

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Many of the All in One computers are able to use HP MyDisplay at this location http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpc/enu/index.html.  There is a list of supported video cards on that page and should help to restore video adjustment controls. 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I cannot adjust mine either. I am FAR from computer saavy, however I know the basics, and have checked my power and brightness settings. My computer is Samsung, and i assumed it was a problem with the computer. However, none of this happened until the stupid windows 8.1 update. It's not too bad, I can still see, but i get migraines from looking at it, as it is so dim. HELP!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to my Compaq Presario CQ-40 315-TU, but i fixed it. Its simple.

1. Go to Start Menu

2. Search for device manager

3. Open device manager

4. Under the field called "Display adapters" right click "it" and click on update driver software.

5. Give it like 5-10 minutes and it will update the drivers and BOOM! Check on the brightness controls, you can set it now.

HP Recommended

I cannot adjust touchsmart screen brightness after 8.1 upgrade and I AM GETTING HEADACHES after working for a short time.   I would love a response from HP on when a fix will be available.   PLEASE!!!!!!

HP Recommended

How did you revert back to 8?  Did you need to totally reinstall?  I can't stand the screen brightness for longer than a few minutes.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem ever since I downloaded 8.1 and I've gone through the whole forum, trying every suggestion and none of it's worked...Anyone got anything else?

HP Recommended

How does one get in touch with a LIVE BODY at hp to get help? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.