Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey TylerChurst,

I understand you are looking for a download option for Windows 8.1.If you follow this document it will help you get the download.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

or http://www.windowsstore.com/

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I just wanted to thank you for your help.  Have you heard anything concerning the brightness problem?  My screen is so bright that it is hark to look at.  Please let us know what you find.

Thanks Again

HP Recommended

Thanks @Mrstenter , but i already have windows 8.1 - my query was regarding the brightness issue.

HP Recommended
Hi Tyler

Don't know. It was automatically downloaded but I suspect that you could also access it by clicking on the HP icon
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

SAME PROBLEM, with my HP sleekbook laptop. Brightness can't be adjust! It stuck to second to the highest, my eyes is already sore because it's too much bright. Pls. help me fix this problem. 

Windows 8.1 has too much bugs, they need to fix this. MACBOOK is better, seriously. If I can only afford to buy a macbook pro I will buy one right away. :((

HP Recommended

Thanks but it didn't work, plus windows 8.1 doesn't have GENERAL in the settings already. 

Please find a fix to this problem. 😞 My battery is draining fast beacuse of this BRIGHTNESS problems, I hope we can adjust our screen brightness already. It works perfectly fine when I'm using win 8!

HP Recommended

Have you tried:

Control Panel,

Power Options,

on the bottom of that window there should be a screen brightness control slider.

Hope this helps, JC

JEC
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but the slider is not there after updating to Windows 8.1. I wish it was that easy.

Thanks again for trying.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem in my pavillion g notebook.
please show up with the fix as soon as possible

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.