07-10-2012 09:50 PM
Product Name: HP Pavilion HPE h8-1010 Desktop PC
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Error message : "Failed" Error code 800705B3 when trying to update the video driver using Windows Update.
I'm unable to install the AMD RADEON HD 6450 update using the Windows 7 Update (it shows as an optional update). I have tried the Windows Update fix and have tried a clean boot.
All other Windows 7 updates have installed properly.
07-11-2012 08:35 AM
Please bypass or ignore the Windows update for your HD 6450 and attempt to download and install the AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver directly from AMD.
***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10