04-16-2012 08:51 AM
I have daisy-chained 2, 27" monitors to my laptop through a VGA splitter. Only problem is now both 27" monitors are displaying the same page. I want 1 monitor to be #1, and the other to be #2 and can't seem to do that in Personalization under Control Panel. I have the laptop monitor off.
04-16-2012 10:22 AM
Also - with vga + 27" you'll get a resolution problem.
There are limitations for vga like:
1920 x 1440 @80Hz Maximum Resolution
2048x1536 at 60Hz
What do you have for ONE 27"?
2,560 x 1,440 ?
04-16-2012 10:26 AM
If you don't have high requirements for monitor settings you can try one of these:
They will use your current graphics device.
04-17-2012 02:20 AM
If you can't change the display to 'Dualview' then you have a splitter who just duplicate the display.
I've no experience with splitters, so I can't say if there are some who can do what you want. Or was there any software to install?
>I have daisy-chained 2, 27" monitors
Why daisy-chained? Why not parallel?
I have only read about DisplayPort version 1.2 that can daisy-chain connection with multiple monitors.
You have a laptop - you can use a docking station with two display outputs and use two moniotrs then - that's how we do it.
Else you can use an adapter like mentioned above.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)