06-21-2010 01:33 PM
I am deciding to buy either the Sony Vaio/ Touchsmart. Does anyone have both to compare?
Currently have weighed out the pros and con
Pros of HP :
up till i570 intel (sony france sells only the i330 model)
Pros of Sony :
the OS is more refine and beautiful, love the photos application layout
uploading photos to facebook - big thing for me here as the TouchSmart can't do this. It is a lot more convenient being able to upload my photos directly from the Sony L photos application.
Advice welcome! Thanks
06-22-2010 12:28 PM
I had a Sony for couple of days and the thing that put me off was the constant noise of the Fan. I was replacing a iMac that was virtually silent. The fans in the Sony seem to run at high speed even when the processor is not loaded. Much more audible than the HP which has a separate power brick.
However, I am disappointed with the HP 600 using the HDMI input from Laptop (which unfortunately I didn't have the chance to check on the Sony). Sony screen is great and the machine has faster processors.
07-04-2010 03:14 PM
I am not sure where you are getting that the 600 series only goes up to the i5...
It actually has the i7 (720 or 820), and has had them for a little while now...
The HP is a much better looking computer, IMO
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)