01-12-2010 08:18 AM
I am wanting to connect a second monitor and my question is whether or not I need to buy some kind of cable adapter for the second monitor. I know my PC can have a dual monitor and I know how to set it up once it's connected, but I just don't know how to connect it.
This is what I have
It's an HP Compaq dx2450 MicroTower PC.
01-12-2010 12:06 PM
From looking at the specs you linked, it looks like you only have one video out port (VGA). If you want to add a second monitor, you wil have to do one of two things.
1) add another video card
2) buy a USB to VGA (or DVI or HDMI depending on your second monitor's connection) converter. Here are some examples: http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&source=hp&q=u
I hope this helps.
01-12-2010 12:08 PM
No cord adaptor should be needed. If your graphics card on the PC has 2 or more connectors, that is all you need. Here is a document for dual monitors in Windows 7, though it is very similar for Vista.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10