12-25-2011 11:07 AM
I have a Samsung QX410 laptop with Windows 7, 64 bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce 310M, Intel i5 CPU w/ 4 gigs of RAM and want to run dual monitors from it.
I purchased a HP 2511x monitor (from Santa) and connected with HDMI cables. I also checked for updated drivers. The other smaller laptop is connected using VGA cables.
When I plug both monitors into the laptop the 2511x goes dark and indicates "Monitor is going to sleep".
When I go to Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Display / Change Display Settings it displays as two monitors, one of which is the laptop.
Can you help me set up so I can use two external monitors with my laptop?
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays.
06-06-2013 09:41 AM
You want to know about dual monitor setup.
Most of the systems support dual monitor setup.
Here is link that will help you set up the monitors.
Let me know how everything goes.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)