07-19-2013 05:17 PM
I have a DVI video card in my Compaq Elite 8300 and I want to connect a second monitor using the HDMI port, but the second monitor is not being detected. Is there any BIOS settings that I am missing?
07-19-2013 08:11 PM
You can't use a graphics card and internal graphics at the same time. If your DVI card doesn't support dual monitors, then you have two options:
1) Stop using the DVI card, and you can use both the VGA & DisplayPort internal ports.
2) Replace the DVI card with a card that supports multiple monitors.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10