10-05-2011 09:07 PM
HP 6000 Pro MT WIndows 7
I need to enable onboard video card after install a dual video card. It is an NVIDIA card from HP with Dual DVI for the PCIe slot. I am trying to run 3 monitors and onboard card will not enable. There is no place in the bios to enable the onboard card.
10-05-2011 09:16 PM
I believe when installing a dedicated video card, system will disable on board card immediately (it disables IGP, no way we can find in BIOS). Some forums say with new H67 and Z68 boards we can do this. In short, we can not do this on the HP 6000 Pro MT.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
10-05-2011 09:22 PM
I have done it with a PCI card but it is older and does not have windows 7 drivers. It would blue screen about once a week. I thought if I got a new HP card I would eliminate that problem.
10-05-2011 09:55 PM
Mpl, welcome to the forum.
Normally, the integrated video is disabled when you install a discrete video card. Here is what it says in the Hardware Reference Guide in Table 1-3 Rear Panel Connectors:
"The monitor connectors on the system board are inactive when a graphics card is installed in the computer".
If a graphics card is installed into the PCI or PCI Express x1 slot, the connectors on the graphics card and the system
board may be used at the same time. Some settings may need to be changed in Computer Setup to use both
connectors. For information about setting the boot VGA controller, refer to the Computer Setup (F10) Utility Guide.
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)
HP Phoenix 860-170VR; i7-6700K 4.0 GHz; 8 GB DDR4 memory; Samsung EVO 840 500 GB SSD; Radeon R9-390X video card; Win 10 Home
HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet w/Travel Keyboard and Stylus; Core m3 processor; 4 GB DDR4 memory; Samsung 128 GB SSD; Audio by
Bang & Olufsen; Win 10 Home
HP Photosmart 7520 AIO
|**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**|
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
I am not an HP employee.
10-06-2011 12:50 AM
1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Turn on the computer.
3. When the first screen displays, do one of the following:
4. Immediately press the F10 key. Press the key once every second until a BIOS Setup utility screen opens.
5. Select Advances tab using left and right arrow key on the keyboard.
6. Then Select “ Primary Video Adapter ” using up and down arrow key , and hit Enter.
7. It will open a small new window, ON the new small window select Integrated and hit enter.
8. After it shows Integrated beside Primary Video Adapter in the list on Advances tab, PRESS F10 key to Save the settings and Exit BIOS.
9. Restart the computer and use the Integrated card to connect the monitor.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)