Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-150qe

Hi,

My nephew wants to upgrade the graphics card in his 5501150qe, and will probably have to upgrade the power supply, too.   It's a small case and the first card he bought was too large (he hasn't done this before).  He now is getting a Msi GeForce gt 740 direct x 12 4gb. Can anyone suggest a compatible power supply, and will there be cooling problems?

Thanks - 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a power supply unit (PSU) that should work for him.  The first thing to do is measure the existing PSU and compare the measurements to the one in the link.  This will assure that the new one will fit into the space.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is a power supply unit (PSU) that should work for him.  The first thing to do is measure the existing PSU and compare the measurements to the one in the link.  This will assure that the new one will fit into the space.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Geekster! I just passed it on to him. Appreciate it...

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Peterdoubt.  I am always glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.