Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 900-077na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I bought a new Omen PC through the HP Online Store.  It arrived yesterday.  However have had absolutely no joy at all in getting it to work.  The machine powers up but does not provide any form of display.  I connected it to my Pioneer Plasma TV through the HDMI connection.  I know that works by the way as my old Envy machine has worked for years that way and through absolute frustration that's how I am posting the message right now and using my old machine!

Yesterday I conducted a webchat with the HP support folks and tried all available HDMI sockets on the box.  Have also followed instructions to check that the video cards appear to be correctly sited - no visible problem there.  Any other suggestions or do I need to return this box to HP and get a replacemernt?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In the end I had the box replaced.  New one works with the HDMI just fine

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Wow, that is an impressive PC.  While I agree that you should be able to display something on the HDMI, have you tried any of the Display ports or DVI outputs?  It might be possible that the OS has to finish setting up before all the ports become fully operational.  If it has not been powered on by you before, there might be some display options that need to be configured, first.

I just got a new HP desktop, HP Omen 870-100xt, not near the PC you have.  I will see if anything needs to be accomplished before the HDMI ports work on this one.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  Have now tried the DVI connection.  Sadly to no avail!   I think the box needs to get returned 

HP Recommended

I just started my new HP up using only the HDMI as same as you, and being there was no other choice but display ports, which there was no adapter, it worked just fine. 

So it would seem there is a problem with that unit, unless someone else knows of a solution.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

In the end I had the box replaced.  New one works with the HDMI just fine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.