Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy phoenix 850-160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Monitor HP LP2475w.  Works OK with DVI cable but monitor can't detect HDMI cable.  Tried to update driver from Nvidia but no luck. Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem was "solved."  Got a new monitor and used HDMI -- both end -- cable.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi there @EHJSGU,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are trying to use an HDMI connection between your computer and the display.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

As you have already verified that the display works fine with your computer using a DVI connection, that leaves three possibilities. The HDMI cable is no good or there is an issue with either the HDMI port on the display or the computer.   If you have another display or computer to test with, you can try to isolate which of those possibilities is the actual issue.

Please let me know whether that helps or not, and if it does help resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The cable is OK but I don't have another computer with HDMI, nor another terminal with HDMI.  Two questions: 1) Does the computer have to enable the HDMI port?, and 2) Since I cannot find a manual on-line, I think that the four back jacks are one HDMI and three Display Ports.  Since the monitor has a Display Port, does I have to enable this port on the computer?

HP Recommended

Which Nvidia card is installed in your system?

The board on your computer does not have integrated graphics so the ports built into the motherboard are not graphics ports.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 FH GFX

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. Looking at the GeForce GTX 960 Specifications - geforce.com, that card has the following available connections: a Dual Link DVI-I, a HDMI 2.0, and 3x DisplayPort 1.2 connections.

Here are a few more pages you can look at for help with the connections on your card.

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP Desktop PCs - Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

You may also want to check with Nvidia Support - nvidia.com, for any specific questions about the card itself, or the nVidia software.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The problem was "solved."  Got a new monitor and used HDMI -- both end -- cable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.