Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My display adapters are

1) Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

2) NVIDA GeForce GT 730A

I recently uninstalled both and restarted the computer, and then both drivers came back after a reinstallation (or what i think it was) and the computer is functioning normally, but still HDMI isn't working. Pls let me know the proper way to reinstall both drivers.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Reinstall the NVIDA GeForce GT 730A driver.

Do not install the Intel HD graphics driver seperately as the NVIDIA driver software package will do that for you on its own. If the Intel driver is installed seperately the switchable graphics feature will stop working.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry I replied so late as I've been to busy lately. Can I confirm if by reinstalling, you mean deleting the NVIDA driver from the Device Manager and restarting the computer?

HP Recommended

Hi, no matter, I already downloaded the latest version of the driver from Nvidia and updated it, but still the HDMI button doesn't work. Now what??

HP Recommended

I have a slightly different PC (23-k100xt) but it also has an HDMI button.

I use this PC as a monitor for an older desktop.

The HDMI button worked flawlessly when I first got the PC.

I could switch the screen output back and forth from the HP and the old desktop.

A couple of months after I got the PC, I noticed there was a BIOS update for my machine.

After updating the BIOS, the button does not work like it used to!

I can only switch to the old PC during the boot process of the old PC.

But once the old PC sits with windows on the desktop, I can switch to the HP output, but I cannot switch back to the old PC output.

When I try to go back to the output on the old PC by pushing the button, it says "Game Mode No Video Input" on top of a blank screen.  It then puts me back to the output on the HP.  So I can never get back to the old PC output again--unless I re-boot the old PC.

Very annoying.   I may try going back to the older BIOS, but I don't want to cause even worse problems!

HP Recommended

In the latest version of the PC Diagnostics that your AIO desktop PC has there is a firmware management section that will allow you to rollback the BIOS to the previous version. It should be completely painless. This is one of the supreme advantages of the new UEFI BIOS and Diagnostic environment.

You can install the latest version of the UEFI Diagnostics for your PC. See the following link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-142621-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I had talked to an HP tech who suggested the same thing. So I went there, but there was no rollback available.

He suggested getting the older BIOS by going to the HP site and entering "Windows 8" instead of "Windows 8.1" (even though I have 8.1) and I would get two choices for the BIOS:  My current one and the previous one.

I did that and downloaded the prior one.  I'm just leery of installing it (as I mentioned).

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on my 27" recline was there a solution that worked - dont really want to rebuild the machine from scratch

HP Recommended

Well, I never did go back to the previous BIOS, but luckily It's now working!

I made some changes on my old PC (sorry, I don't remmeber what they were), but afterwards, video wouldn't play on the old PC!  I eventually had to uninstall the video adapter (using device manager--it's a Windows XP machine).

After I reinstalled the video adapter under Windows XP, I was again able to play video on the old PC.  But also, like magic,  the HDMI button on my Recline started working again!  I can now go back and forth between my old desktop video output and the Recline PC's output.

One slight difference is that I have to press the HDMI button twice to get get from the Recline's output to the old PC's output (or was it the other way around?), but at least I don't have to reboot the old PC anymore.

I'm not sure if I tried uninstalling the video adapter (on the old PC) way back when this problem first surfaced; I really don't remember.  Hard to believe I didn't, but I guess not--since the problem is now solved!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.