03-08-2009 01:42 PM
The problem I was having was that the speakers on the monitor were humming. Also I could not use my headphones on my external speakers because when I turned the sound up in Media Player or Real Player the sound on the monitor speakers would be high. I tried to use the cpu headphone jack but got the same humming noise.
I tried to unplug the monitor speakers but kept getting a low humming noise, some type of feedback I think. What I did was, on the monitor controls you have a speaker volume control I set that to level 2. Now I can use my headphones on the external speakers and still not wake everybody up. Plus if I want I can still use 4 speakers by just adjusting the volume on the monitor.
Compaq Presario SR1750NX
03-10-2009 12:40 PM
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
04-06-2011 08:10 AM
HI i thought this thread might also be useful for my problem, since it also regards the in-built speakers as well.
I wanna use my own speakers directly plugged in thru the audio out jack, but sound still comes out through the in built speakers. I use this monitor for my PS3 which is plugged thru HDMI (and please dont ask why i didnt get a TV...) and i want to use my gaming headset WITH the speakers that i want to plug into the monitor. any suggestions?
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)