10-02-2013 06:33 PM
We supplied three HP ProBook 4740s notebooks with HP 2311c Notebook Docking Monitors to a customer of ours. The computers are running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and are all set up the same.
One of them works fine, but with the other two the HP 2311c Notebook Docking Monitor only works when connected to a USB 2.0 port on the notebook. When connected to a USB 3.0 port, there is no picture (but the Ethernet and USB ports on the monitor still work).
I've tried installing the latest USB 3.0 driver for the notebook and the latest drivers for the docking monitor, but it still doesn't display a picture when connected to a USB 3.0 port.
When connected to a USB 2.0 port, the monitor display is sometimes a bit jerky because there isn't enough bandwidth, so I really need to get this working on USB 3.0.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)