08-19-2013 03:52 PM
Recently, within the past few days, while using my machine the monitor blacked out and immediately came back on. When this happened, I noticed a 3/4 black border (top, left, and right sides). Interestingly, the screen does extend to the bottom of the monitor. I have followed HP's recommendations and ensured 'resize' screen was not selected, although their example for the Nvidia control panel is outdated and I did not have the specific option quoted on the help page. I am using HDMI connection, Windows 7-Home 64-bit, and have all up-to-date Nvidia and HP drivers across the board. Ideas?
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)