Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27e (3CM6110CNP)

I don't see a board specific to HP displays.  If this is not an appropraite board, can you point me somewhere where I can get assistance please?  Thanks!

I have a 3.2 GHz (non-HP) desktop with intel dual core i5 CPUs.  I recently replaced my old monitor with an HP 27e, and HP's 'My display' software is consistently running at about 33% of CPU capacity.  This can't be right.  Please advise.

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi RD,

I took the steps you suggested (all goodO, noting that 'My Display' was still consuming 25% CPU capacity with no aplications running, did another restart, and it's now both memory and CPU consumption are minimal.

Thanks!

John

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

So far just crickets.   If no one here can answer, or the HP forum doesn't address HP 'My Display' software/performance issues, can someone out there suggest what other forum or resource I can try to figure this out?

Thanks,

John

HP Recommended

@jcgHP

Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

I understand your computer has been having issues with increased & constant CPU usage,

I have a few questions and depending on your answer i could provide an accurate solution:

Have you attempted to start in Safe Mode to check the difference?
Have you done a BIOS reset?
Have you attempted a disk defragmentation?
Have you attempted a disk cleanup?
Is the PC Warmer than Normal? 
Have you tried Testing for hardware failures? 

I would also need the product number of the computer you are using with the brand new HP 27e.

Eagerly waiting to help!

Regards,
The Riddle_Decipher.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi RD - working on the steps and will reply in the next day or so.  Thanks much for answering the call!

John

HP Recommended

Hi John @jcgHP,

Take your time,

And let me know how that goes!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi RD,

I took the steps you suggested (all goodO, noting that 'My Display' was still consuming 25% CPU capacity with no aplications running, did another restart, and it's now both memory and CPU consumption are minimal.

Thanks!

John

HP Recommended

Hi John @jcgHP,

I'm glad your issue has been resolved,

If you'd like to help others find the same solution through your post, please click on Accept as solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi RD - looks like I spoke too soon.  After a day HP My Display went back up to 25% CPU capacity.  Disk clean-up and defrag are good and no hardware issues found, not running hot/loud.

The computer an an ASUS with CG55275 moterhboard

Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) and 8MB of RAM

I'll do some additional experimenting on this end.  Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

John 

HP Recommended

@jcgHP,

That's quite alright, John!

If you haven't performed this step yet, I would recommend running a hardware test on all your components to be on a safer side,

And also disable the irrelevant background programs as shown below:

1. Click Start , and type msconfig into the Search box. Click msconfig.
    If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Click the General tab, and then click Selective startup.
  3. Select the Startup tab, and uncheck any tasks that do not contribute to the system and are unwanted.

If you are unsure about a task, write the name down and research it on the Internet. Do not remove a checkmark if you do not know what the task is. For a list of files that are recommended not to remove, review the HP support document: Using Microsoft System Configuration in Windows 7 (in English).

4. Click Apply, and then click OK to accept the changes.

5. When prompted, click Restart.

6. Restart the computer

Restart the computer
  7. If Windows or other software stops working after a checkmark is removed from a task, restart the computer and reverse these procedures to replace the checkmark. If needed, you can press F8 after the first blue HP startup screen (after the computer has been turned on) to open safe mode. For more information, see Windows 7 Safe Mode (in English).

8. By completing these steps, Windows runs using Selective Startup. If Selective Startup is disabled in the future, all the selected software programs will start again.

For more details, click here (though the header is different from your concern, the issue would be resolved by following all the steps mentioned in the article).

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

RD - I waited a while to see if the issue appears to be solved, and it does, thank you.   I disabled a number of startup programs as you suggested - best guess is it was 'DT startup' , which reportedly has some known issues with providng access to monitor settings.  Interestlingly, 'My Display' software no longer even shows up as running as a process in Task Manager.  That consistent 25% drain on the CPU is gone.

Thanks for the help!

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.