09-09-2013 05:17 PM
I just bought my HP 500-054 PC and also bought an upgraded graphics card and a more powerful, power supply to run the graphics card...to the best of my knowledge the graphics card (XFX radeon R7770 ultra OC edition) is set up properly in my PC and connected to the new power supply. If i try to boot from the new graphics card nothing displays on my monitor and the PC just beeps 3 times. If I boot from the onboard graphics card then everything works like it should. I'm wondering if anyone has advice on this if maybe i set up the graphics card wrong or if there are settings on the PC I need to change. Any help would be greatly appreciated
09-09-2013 05:47 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:11 AM by OscarFuentes
Your second assumption is correct.
There are settings in the BIOS you need to change when installing an non-HP video adapter in a PC with W8.
Please read the info at the link below and you should be all set after following the guidance there.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)