03-11-2009 06:31 PM
try muting the sound and see what happens
if muting did not occur
try this unplug the sound cable from the monitor
see what happens
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
03-12-2009 04:08 PM
The sound to the w2558hc can be digital (HDMI) or analog(RCA). I am guessing you have analog based on the symptom. If so, you probably have bad AC power ground from your home power source or ground failure on the PCaudio port.
Second possiblity is improper voltage traveling down the Video cables from the PC Card/PC ground.
an hp employee expressing an opinion.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10