Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I just received my new HP Omen 32 display.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 14393.447) the latest.  My computer uses the Intel I7-6800K CPU and the Nvidia GTX 970 card.  The drivers for the monitor are installed.  Upon running HP MyDisplay the application ultimately crashes.  I see others have had the same problem including folks with AMD graphic cards. 

This application hasn't been updated since March '16.  So could HP please take a software engineer and update the app.  You're selling product today (right now) with applications that don't work with today's Windows 10 OS.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the same behavior: HP 32" Omen, Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.479), ASUS Strix GTX 970.

HP Recommended

I just received my Omen 32 display as well and am having the same issue with Win 10 x64 and Nvidia GTX 980ti.

Found this thread where someone solved the same issue by rolling back to Win 8 drivers for the display instead of the latest win 10 drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-34c-HP-My-Display-has-stopped-w...

I haven't gotten around to try it yet as I'm still at work, but will give it a try as soon as I get home. Hopefully this helps.

HP Recommended

I was excited to try the potential solution but after a couple of hours of effort, NO Luck.  The potential solution was to use the Win 8 drivers.  This advice itselt wasn't clear.  Does this mean the Monitor drivers for W8.1 or W8?  Does it mean one uses "HP My Display" for W10, W8.1, or W8.  I also noticed that when one installs "HP My Display" it says it's installing drivers.  Are these drivers the monitor drivers (meaning it's copying over the monitor drivers one has already installed) or some other drivers just for "HP My Display".  So quite a number of combinations. I also assumed (maybe incorrectly) that one uses the 32 or 64-bit driver & software that corresponds with your OS, in my case x64.  So did the following using all x64 software.

1. Installed W8.1 monitor drivers and W10 My HP Display.....crashed program

2. Installed W8.1 monitor drivers and W8.1 My HP Display....crashed program

3. Installed W8 monitor drivers and W8 My HP Display....crashed program

4. Installed W8 monitor drivers and W10 My HP Display....crashed program

5. Went into Device Manager and manually uninstalled what I think were the W8 drivers.  They all look the same but they were the last I installed.  Rebooted.  Windows 10 automatically installed Omen HP monitor drivers.  To be sure they were W8 monitor drivers relaunched the downloaded W8 monitor drivers.  Reinstalled W10 HP My Display...crashed program

In each case I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall My HP Display and it's remnants.  Rebooted each time.

So if someone really got this working via reverting to older drivers please let us know.  I will wait for HP to assign a software engineer to fix this issue.  Seems not customer friendly to not have a fix to this problem or at least a reliable work around.

Thanks

HP Recommended

An HP Rep remotely controlling my desktop couldn't even fix it.  She ended up installing an older version of HP My Display called HP My Display OSD.. which seems to work.  But it's not entirely the same.  It does allow you to adjust the brightness and contrast.  I ended up contacting the vendor Portrait Displays and described the problem.  Waiting to hear back

HP Recommended

Same error as others. It's on a brand new machine with Windows 10, and an nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 with updated drivers.

Every time I run HP My Display it crashes in the same way others have described.

HP Recommended

@toddgleason wrote:

Same error as others. It's on a brand new machine with Windows 10, and an nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 with updated drivers.

Every time I run HP My Display it crashes in the same way others have described.

Yeah I screen shotted the error messages and sent them to the vendor Portrait Displays.  Their tech support guy just emailed me today.  Gave me a link to install a different "My Display" which totally bombed out.

HP Recommended

Hello, I got a similar problem...

I have bought a month ago an HP 27VC monitor and on my Envy 700 PC (700-349) with Windows 10 installed (anniversary build 1607(14393.693) and an Nvidia EVGA 1050Ti, it seems impossible to open HP MyDisplay. I have tried installing latest drivers from NVidia (378.49) after and before, removed installed drivers from HP for the 27VC before, after but after, if I don<t remove first the folder name SwSetup first, it says Access Denied but I can see by Device Manager that the installation works. I have tried installing HP myDisplay first, then between the other drivers for grapphic card and HP and at the end. I have unlock the OSD lockout screen on the monitor to access a menu but I cannot open the application if it not fails by being forced to be closed by the system, I got an infinite loop where a message says Enumarating Display Devices Phase and it is infinite. I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me? Please?

HP Recommended

Hi Fluke

There is no fix for HP MyDisplay software.  I already contacted HP and had a tech support try to install and uninstall and re-install to no avail.  It only works on Windows 7 but not Windows 10.  The vendor for the software called Portrait Displays needs to provide a fix for their software.  I wrote them an email but they didn't seem too much in a hurry and didn't seem to consider it as a priority

HP Recommended

So what you all are saying basically is I AM PRETTY MUCHED SCREWED WITH my $600 desktop because of the Anniversary Update????  Because my display will not come on.  I don't know how I can "roll back" the update when I cannot see to do anything ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.