Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
It seems Microsoft has a big update in march, I don't know if it could fix the problem but it would be a new build and maybe you can try it with Windows Insider program.
HP Recommended

So now, I now, I have my 7th HP computer, after 23 years along with a new HP display I got for Christmas last year from my Mom and these two products are completely useless.  VERY NICE.

HP Recommended
This is rediculuos. You can't continue to ignore us. It's been 5 months since I posted my error (with images) and there is not even an acknowledgment from HP. Clearly is not just me. This needs to be fixed especially since you are selling new products that are incompatible with the latest version of Windows.
HP Recommended

Everybody should put a ticket in with HP's tech support or maybe contact HP management?  Just saying

HP Recommended

beanshepard... your monitor should be working.  I have the HP Pavilion 27xw.. my monitor works without the software installed.  But if I want to adjust the settings of the monitor such as brightness, color or do a split screen etc I can't use the My Display software.  I have to manually configure it with my fingers pressing the buttons under the monitor.  From what I know the My Display software lets you do fancy things with your monitor.  I would think your monitor should still come on without the software installed.  

Forgot to mention that my monitor connection is using an HDMI.  With an HDMI connection.. you bypass having to use software drivers.  If you're using connection other than HDMI then you'll need to download and install the monitor's software drivers to get it working.

HP Recommended

I've gotten ver 2.01.006 Rev. A to work with Windos 10 Anniversary.

Versions 2.10.009 Rev. A and 2.21 Rev. A crash.

Version 2.01.006

HP Recommended

Well I was wishing that "debido666" suggestion would solve the problem.  Unfortunately using v2.01.006 did not work for me.  I was able to install BUT it would not launch.  Tried everything I could think of (run as administrator, all options for compatibility) but no luck.  There was also no process running in Task Manager after the launch.  So just uninstalled.  It was good to know the link to the archive of other versions.  Did not try all the other versions.  It's possible one may work on my system.  Maybe when I have the time I'll try these other versions.

HP Recommended

v2.01.006 doesn't have all the features anyway. Like having the power button stay off, which is good for watching movies.

Wish Portrait would release a newer version that is Anniversary/Creative update compatible.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have already post in the past in this discussion because I got the same problem with my monitor, an HP 27VC. I have bought it a month ago and the HP MyDisplay software comes with the hardware and does the same thing exactly. It quits unexpectedly each time I startup the comp, I have never been able open that soft or download and try an older version from HP like some did in this discussion but... yesterday, I have contacted HP because I still have a warranty, I have talked with them about this incompatibility with the 1607 build anniversary update and the said they will investigate the problem next week, I don't know what it does mean at HP but for me, it means chances are it will be fixed soon.  The tech told me they are aware of the problem and there are still monitors on the market that use this software. I just hope they will really do something, not only say things people just wanna ear.

HP Envy 700-349 with :i7 4790/ 12Gb Ram/ SSD Kingston 240gb/ 1tb WD7200rpm hd/ NVidia EVGA Superclock 1050ti 378.66/ Windows 10 Anniversay update 1607 64-bit/ HP 27VC monitor using DVI.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.