Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Yes!  This is ridiculous.  I have uninstalled My HP Display, Updated my graphics card, reinstalled it and I still have the exact same problem.!  The Reason I got and HP monitor is because I like My HP Display which works great in my office where we have Windows 7.   Hp you need to listen to us and fix this Windows 10 issue!  

HP Recommended

For all those struggling with this as I have Microsoft has something built right in so you can do similar screen splits.  It is the snap mode. I am  posting a good link.  So glad to have multi screens back!

https://www.howtogeek.com/198230/how-to-use-snap-assist-and-2x2-snap-on-windows-10/

HP Recommended

Hey guys!

I've got the same problem. For me the following helped me (My Display Version 1.40 😞

• uninstall My Display
  • uninstall every graphic driver (expect the intel ones)
  • reboot your pc
  • download the latest graphics driver and install them (if possible select "new installation")
  • install My Display downloaded from Portrait Displays Inc.
  • reboot your pc

This helped me to get the programm working under win 10 pro x64 with anniversary update (Version 1703, Build 15063.296).

My only problem is, there are no possible actions in the program. I can only see "options" and "help". The tabs "adjust", "color" and "quick launch" are greyed out (see screenshot)....

Tested on my laptop with a pavillion 32 connected with displayport. The specs are:

i7 5700 HQ

16 gb ram

intel hd5600

nvidia geforce gtx 970m

nvidia driver v.382.33

hpmonitor.JPG

HP Recommended

Finally! Downloading directly from Portrait Displays worked. All is good now. I've always had updated graphics drivers so that was not the issue for me.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Looks like I've downloaded an old version. Deinstalled and redownloaded the new version worked for me as well. Now I can use all options to configure my monitor

HP Recommended

HP My Display.jpg

I did all that and now I don't have any options to show how i want to split the screen?

HP Recommended

Sorry I don't know why yours is different. It's interesting how all three of our screenshots show a different interface for My Display

HP Recommended

Novelh  that's because some downloaded older versions.  Looks like you have the latest version

HP Recommended

Looks like the vendor Portrait displays finally fixed HP My Display.  The long wait is finally over.  Here's the download link.  Then got to click on "Click Here to accept the End User License Agreement and start the download."

http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpc/enu/upgrade.html

Some of the cool things you can do is adjusting your monitor brightness.  You can also click on technicolor, text, Custom, Multimedia, Gaming.  Adjusts your monitor settings for ya.  You can do split screens as well

HpMyDisplay.JPG

HpMyDisplay2.JPG

HP Recommended
Finally
Portrait Display has released a fix. Thank you for letting us know Mr. Great. I got 5 months left on my warranty and was going to sell my display and get another brand because of this problem so I'll keep it a bit longer after all
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.