Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-123w

Hi,

I'm servicing someones HP Pavilion Tower 500-123w.

The PC turns on, the fans, harddrives, everything is running but no image on the monitor?

I've changed out the power supply, RAM, hardrive. I've used a separate video card that I know works and still no image,  othing at all.

Everything is telling me taht it is the motherboard.

It has an i3 in it and I can't descern what the motherboard is.

Is there anything else I can do to see if I can get the PC to show an image other than buying a new motherboard (that will be the last resort, if the owner wants to invest in a motherboard for it)?

If I do have to change out the motherboard does anyone know what motherboard is being used in this computer? It doens't have any obvious labling on it.

Anyhow, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John

John
PC Runs Computer Repair Service
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

One of the memory slots may be damged try taking one memory stick out and try turning it on if it still fails, try taking the cmos battery out and unplug the computer then click the power button for 8 seconds and plug it in and turn it on if it works, then put the cmos battery back it.  

If I solved your Problem please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

One of the memory slots may be damged try taking one memory stick out and try turning it on if it still fails, try taking the cmos battery out and unplug the computer then click the power button for 8 seconds and plug it in and turn it on if it works, then put the cmos battery back it.  

If I solved your Problem please click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

OK, you got my attention bigtime!

Taking the cmos battery out, unplugging the computer and holding done the power buttom did the trick, only why?

I mean thank you very much but what is wrong in the first place and why does this simple procedure fix it?!

WOW, that's really cool. I thought I was going to have to tell them to buy a new mother board.

John
PC Runs Computer Repair Service
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem and it's still not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.