Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all.

I tried to search for this on the forum, but found nothing.

I have a HP 7320 PC which I have installed with a Windows 7 Enterprise installation. When I try to install the 7320 touch screen driver from HERE it just runs for 2 seconds, then disappears. When I browse to the uninstall directory, and try to manually update the device in device manager it fails to do so, reporting there is no driver there.

The PNP value in Device Manager is:

USB\VID_1926&PID_0DBD&REV_0008&MI00

While the PNP value in the driver package is:

USB\VID_1926&PID_0DBD

Any idea why it fails? Something I can do to fix this, or is there an alternative driver I can use?

Best regards

Robin Johannessen

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Robin....

i have had the same problem on numerous occasions where i have downloaded the driver off both the HP and NextWindow sites..

working within a IT company we are asked to keep to the official sites but the best link that has worked for me has been :

http://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/driver_file_detail.php?inf_file_id=752242&md5=b944f99297496d2ce...

hope this can help you..

Chez

HP Recommended

I had the same problem an found solution solution in one of the Russian blogs http://duromer.livejournal.com/16839.html. For those who can't understand Russian I givw the main idea.

1. After getting the driver NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen, you unpack files in a certain folder.  Trying to use and run inf-file fails.
2. Analising the information about uninstalled device you see that there presents 2 (or three) device IDs (see 2nd scree for TouchScreen device in the blog).

3. To solve the problem you must find amidst "USB composite devices" in Device Manager the device with the same PID and VID, and apply to it (update) the driver using the above mentioned inf-file.

It is curious but it works!

HP Recommended

Go to HP Support and downloads site and  identify the touchscreen driver for your TouchSmart Ellite 7320 All-in-One PC:

NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen Driver

Then open ''Installation Instructions'' and follow them:

1. Follow the on-screen instructions to unzip the SoftPaq.
2. After unzipping the SoftPaq, go to Device Manager and you will see a Touchscreen device or if you are updating from a previous driver to this driver, locate NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen under Human Interface Devices.
4. In the Touchscreen/NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen Properties page, click the Detail tab, click on the drop down menu, and then select hardware IDs.
5. Copy down the hardware ID, and then click OK on the properties page.
6. Go to Unversial Serial bus Controllers, then look through USB Composite Devices that has the same hardware ID from the touch screen.
7. After locating the same hardware ID device, click on Driver tab, and then click on Update Driver.
8. Select Browse my computer for driver software then navigate to the driver folder where you unzip the SoftPaq.
9. Follow the on-screen instruction to install the driver.
10. After the driver is installed, reboot the system

It works just fine 🙂

HP Recommended

I have followed your instructions and it still does not work. Please help!!!

It is very frustering that i cant get touch screen to work!

HP Recommended

here is the trouble shooter about w7 on your touch screen

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03046857

what is the model and the original OS

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

Thanks you MrZones

works a treat

just follow the insrtructions carefully and install the driver files from HP to the USB composite device with the same hardware ID and not to the unkown touchscreen device

HP Recommended

hp touchsmart 7320 touchscreen driver

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.