Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I still have 2 of these monitors and they are great but suffered the 'stuck volume switch' issue which then went on to be the  'OSD Lockout' issue.

Using the link to get to the buttons by removing the black front surround https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG4GQp_avhg   

I then had access to the buttons, to the left of the menu button there was a beige block (CN 902) with a very small white electrical connector inserted, using various tools I managed to prize the electrical connector upwards and out of the beige block. This disabled the buttons and hey presto no more issues, down side is that you cant adjust the screen anymore but I can't remember the last time I did 

HP monitor fix 4.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you for the wonderful idea Mrs. Seretha Tufts !!!!

I did exactly what you did, having the same menu and OSD LOCKOUT appearing on the  screen constantly. I tried the reset numerous times but could not navigate on the menu to change it back to FACTORY DEFAULT. Now the monitor works like a charm ! I picked it up today for $15.00 at a thrift store and I LOVE it !!!

Many thanks for sharing your terrific idea ! 

PS:  I likely will still dig into that problem at a later time however and see just WHAT on the pushbutton board is causing that odd problem, it's a simple enough PC board.. I'll update here if I find the root cause on that PC board.

Happy Easter !

HP Recommended

my hp w22o7h is on osdlock out and i trried the thing you told t do but it donsnt  work and also its switchs inputs ever second hdmi to vga and back 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.