12-12-2011 01:13 PM
HP elite 8000 ultra small form factor
Windows XP Pro SP3.
Monitor is connected using display port
projector is connected to vga port.
When computer is started it will not detect monitor and monitor goes to sleep - display is on projector.
shut down, disconnect vga, restart computer, things work correct - then reconnect vga for projector. Is there some way to set Video port as default?
12-12-2011 07:56 PM
I would only connect one device at a time that you want the discplay to show up under (either the monitor or projector but not both).
I don't think you can set through which port the video signal is given out first or always.
The card decides that.
12-14-2011 11:57 AM
This is in a High School lab, one display port connects monitor and the other goes the a projector mounted on the ceiling. For simplicity, both need to be connected and available at all times, most teacher are unable to figure out connections.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)