Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP monitor 2310 starts in few seconds, and goes black, i tried all the ports, does the same. After the words show deteting the ports, it goes blank. It can't even show the menu. not light at all. please help

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Just to make sure I have the details right.

The tower light stays on

The monitor powers on scans for signals then goes black

the monitor light goes completely out. No orange light?

When powering the tower on be tapping on the F10 to see if the BIOS will come up.

If the monitor power light is off completely then the problem is the monitor. Try a hard reset, Unplug the power from the back of the monitor and hold the power button down for 10 sec. Plug it back in and try to power on the monitor and desktop again. If the monitor goes back off again all lights off then there is a problem with the monitor.

Respond at your earliest convience with the results.

I work for HP
HP Recommended
My all device still stays on, the monitor is still in blue light, but no lights on screen at all. Tried to go into bios, tried plugin my dslr camera directly to hdmi with no other device, tried three computers, still the same. It happened before, HP change this same model monitor for me, but it is happening the same thing right now. I searched, I think I am not in the warranty any more. What should i do
HP Recommended

Try disconnecting everything except the monitor keyboard and mouse. Perform a hard reset on the tower, take the power cable out of the back of the tower hold the power button for 10 sec then plug back in and power on with ONLY the monitor, keyboard and mouse connected.

I work for HP
HP Recommended
ok, tried, but still the same, every time the screen needs to be refreshed, it stays on for just while, and goes back, from bios, to dos, to windows, i unpluged everything except keyboard and mouse. thanks for your fast respond
HP Recommended

When did this problem begin? Has any new Software been added to the system? Also how is it connected? I know you said previously you have tried different cables. You have it connected now with only 1 cable? Is it VGA or DVI?

When it boots does it show the HP screen before it goes black or just scanning?

What is the operating system?

When you boot tapping on F10 does it show the BIOS then go black?

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Am I reading correctly that you have tried this monitor with three different computers, and each one had the same exact issue?

Todd

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here is the issue,

I turn on my desktop computer, and turn on my display, the monitor screens the port, find the port and active, and the computer can go into WIndows 7, but the display screen goes black around 5-10 seconds, but the display power light is on, in blue color. This happened since last month. Sometimes goes black very fast.

Here what i have tried:

1. Plugged the display to another computer does the same. 

2. Went into the bios, does the same.

3. After Hard Reset, does the same.

4. Unplug everything from the computer, does the same.

5. Unplug the display from the computer, plug it to DSLR camera or Tablet with HDMI, does the same.

6. Try HDMI, mini displayport to DVI, does the same.

my main computer are using AMD HD6870 graphic card. haven't tried VGA port.

But this is the second same model monitor. It happend two years ago i think. HP service exchange a new one for me, but now it happens on this new one again.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

This really sounds like the monitor. Have you tried a different monitor on this system? I know you have connected this monitor to different PCs.

What is the serial number for the monitor?  I can pull up the information and see if there is any known issues since this is the 2nd.

I work for HP
HP Recommended

SN:[Personal Information Removed]
PART no. WC292A

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.