05-06-2013 10:05 PM - edited 05-07-2013 08:53 AM
My HP monitor 2310 starts in few seconds, and goes black, i tried all the ports, does the same. After the words show deteting the ports, it goes blank. It can't even show the menu. not light at all. please help
05-08-2013 08:36 AM
Just to make sure I have the details right.
The tower light stays on
The monitor powers on scans for signals then goes black
the monitor light goes completely out. No orange light?
When powering the tower on be tapping on the F10 to see if the BIOS will come up.
If the monitor power light is off completely then the problem is the monitor. Try a hard reset, Unplug the power from the back of the monitor and hold the power button down for 10 sec. Plug it back in and try to power on the monitor and desktop again. If the monitor goes back off again all lights off then there is a problem with the monitor.
Respond at your earliest convience with the results.
05-08-2013 08:59 AM
05-08-2013 09:03 AM
Try disconnecting everything except the monitor keyboard and mouse. Perform a hard reset on the tower, take the power cable out of the back of the tower hold the power button for 10 sec then plug back in and power on with ONLY the monitor, keyboard and mouse connected.
05-08-2013 09:33 AM
05-08-2013 09:43 AM
When did this problem begin? Has any new Software been added to the system? Also how is it connected? I know you said previously you have tried different cables. You have it connected now with only 1 cable? Is it VGA or DVI?
When it boots does it show the HP screen before it goes black or just scanning?
What is the operating system?
When you boot tapping on F10 does it show the BIOS then go black?
05-08-2013 02:29 PM
Here is the issue,
I turn on my desktop computer, and turn on my display, the monitor screens the port, find the port and active, and the computer can go into WIndows 7, but the display screen goes black around 5-10 seconds, but the display power light is on, in blue color. This happened since last month. Sometimes goes black very fast.
Here what i have tried:
1. Plugged the display to another computer does the same.
2. Went into the bios, does the same.
3. After Hard Reset, does the same.
4. Unplug everything from the computer, does the same.
5. Unplug the display from the computer, plug it to DSLR camera or Tablet with HDMI, does the same.
6. Try HDMI, mini displayport to DVI, does the same.
my main computer are using AMD HD6870 graphic card. haven't tried VGA port.
But this is the second same model monitor. It happend two years ago i think. HP service exchange a new one for me, but now it happens on this new one again.
Thanks for your help.
05-09-2013 07:50 AM
This really sounds like the monitor. Have you tried a different monitor on this system? I know you have connected this monitor to different PCs.
What is the serial number for the monitor? I can pull up the information and see if there is any known issues since this is the 2nd.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Common Solutions for Windows 10