12-26-2011 12:26 PM
I have had an Acer 9920g laptop (more like a transportable they say) for a while (since 2008) and back in France i was connecting a second monitor with no problem..
But I got to the UK lately, bought of Gumtree (UK Craiglist) a HP w1907v monitor (19 inches) and it does not get recognised by my machine. Very frustating since it immediately connects to my GF's computer (a Toshiba laptop)...
I tried installing the Driver from the HP.Com website, and it works but the monitor is still not showing anything. Lately my computer was rebooted to Windows 7 (before I had Windows XP) and so it just does not connect. The person I got it from told me there was no CD installation or whatever...
I do not know what to do now.... Please can anyone help?
Once again, I have installed it all and the installation seems to have worked but nothing happens on the other screen... : (
Thanks for your help : )!
12-26-2011 05:35 PM
Try another monitor and cable on your PC to eliminate the PC as the possible problem. Alternatively, try your monitor and cable on another PC.
HP ENVY 17T-u100, i7-7500U, NVIDIA 940MX, 16GB, 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Photosmart 6520, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4790k, Z97, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 980TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode - production system
Windows 7 and 8 in UEFI mode - test systems
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)