12-26-2011 12:26 PM
I have had an Acer 9920g laptop (more like a transportable they say) for a while (since 2008) and back in France i was connecting a second monitor with no problem..
But I got to the UK lately, bought of Gumtree (UK Craiglist) a HP w1907v monitor (19 inches) and it does not get recognised by my machine. Very frustating since it immediately connects to my GF's computer (a Toshiba laptop)...
I tried installing the Driver from the HP.Com website, and it works but the monitor is still not showing anything. Lately my computer was rebooted to Windows 7 (before I had Windows XP) and so it just does not connect. The person I got it from told me there was no CD installation or whatever...
I do not know what to do now.... Please can anyone help?
Once again, I have installed it all and the installation seems to have worked but nothing happens on the other screen... : (
Thanks for your help : )!
12-26-2011 05:35 PM
Try another monitor and cable on your PC to eliminate the PC as the possible problem. Alternatively, try your monitor and cable on another PC.
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP ENVY 17t Touch,i7-6500u,6GB, 256 GB SSD (on loan)
HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4790k, Z97, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 980TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode - production system
Windows 7 and 8 in UEFI mode - test systems
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)