01-31-2011 01:55 PM
Today something really weird happened to the monitor screen.
From my understanding, a family member was playing a game on facebook through the games app and suddenly the screen went blank with diagonal left to right black lines.
I could not do CTRL + alt + del so I had to hold down the power off button and turn it back on.
Thinking it was just the app on facebook giving issues, I did a scan of the whole computer and no viruses have been found. However, when I was searching on google about this issue, the monitor blanked out for a second time and went blue (if I remember correctly) with diagonal lines.
This monitor is the HP w1907v model. It's fairly new, about 2 years roughly I would say and the CPU itself has been replaced recently with a HP one.The model for the computer is G5200UK (bought end of december 2010). It came with the 20'' monitor as well but we decided to just use the 19'' HP w1907v monitor. It is running on a windows 7 platform. No new software has been installed on it either.
I cannot work out whether it is a monitor issue, the computer issue or video/graphics card issue. Please help!
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)