06-24-2010 04:14 PM
My monitor indicates that its optimum resolution is 1680x1050 60 HZ, however, when I try and adjust the screen resolution in the Control Panel, the best resolution listed is 1600 x 1200 which results in a distorted display.
I have checked to ensure I have the latest drivers. Both from NVIDIA and HP. This problem occurred when I was told by HP that my video card had a known problem and needed to be replaced. So I put in the replacement video card and now have this problem. (It was fine before the replacement). Its the GEForce 9500 GS.
06-24-2010 05:47 PM - edited 06-24-2010 06:00 PM
I have the same monitor on my m9200t system and it runs 1680 by 1050 resolution. The monitor is connected by a DVI cable. What PC and operating system are you using and how is your monitor cabled to your PC? Are you using any adapters?
Try doing a monitor factory reset from the monitor's menu.
Go to the Device Manager, find the Display Device and click on the + What monitor is listed? The right mouse click on the monitor device and look for the driver version. What version is the driver?
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)