01-11-2011 12:26 PM
I have the HP w2207h HDMI monitor, it has 2 extra USB inputs on the side, I have tried to plug any USB into it and nothing. everything is working just fine except for that. Any suggestions? Thank you!
The USB ports will work only if there's another USB cable that connects the monitor to your computer. So, aside from the power and video cables going into the back of your monitor, you'd also need to connect a USB cable. This will enable the ports.
If you already have a USB cable connected, then I would suggest just doublechecking the connection (by disconnecting and reconnecting it). If you don't have a cable connected, the port for it is on the far edge (the right edge if you're looking at the back). Take a look at this document for more details on where to connect the cables: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00845864
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.
02-18-2012 06:44 AM
I HAAVE THE SAME MONITOR WITH THE SAME RESULTS! I GUESS IT IS DUMMY USB PORTS? JUST BUY A USB PORT WITH 6-8 OUT PORTS, WHICH I DID-PROBLEM SOLVED.
-> Connecting the monitor to the computer - point 5 - the cable should have come with the monitor.
02-21-2012 03:07 AM - edited 02-21-2012 03:08 AM
So you fixed it?
(according to your answer here: )
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)