Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP w2207h
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi recently purchased a new 13" Macbook Pro with Retina dispaly and trying to connect it to my w2207h monitor with an HDMI cable. Macbook software is current (Seirra 10.12.2).  I contacted Apple who did some troubleshooting and concluded it seems to be an issue with the monitor. When I connected the monitor to my Macbook Pro the Macbook auto configured the w2207h to best resolution for an HP  w2207h (1680x1050) however the image  flickers between black (approx 1 sec) and a dim view of the desktop (approx. 0.1 of a sec). I manually changed the scaling to 1080P and the monitor displayed the desktop OK however the resolution was not correct (eg. image spills outside the monitors viewing footprint so that the top menu bar is not showing and the bottom doc shows only the top half of each icon). What I have read is HP monitors do not support Mac however until I got my new Macbook it worked fine (with my old Macbook). Hopeing that there is a fix that someone has already figured out. Hate to replace a perfectly good monitor. Any help is appracited.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Grewatso, welcome to the forum.

I believe your problem is caused by the fact that HP doesn't provide an OS X driver for your monitor.  It appears that OS X is configuring it as a PNP generic monitor.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Here's a fix:

1. Open up `System Preferences`

2. Open up `Displays`

3. Click on `Gather Windows`

4. Click on the window titled `HP w2207`

5. In the `Display` tab, hold the Option key down and click on `Scaled` Resolution.

6. If you scroll to the bottom of the listed resolutions, you should see 1080p. Select this one.

7. Make sure `Refresh Rate` is set at 60 Hertz.

The resolution is not perfect.  You will have some overscan around the edges, but it will get the display to not flicker.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.