Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Resolution changes periodically and the volume pop-up for the on screen menu continually appears. I have to hit menu to get it to go away. This happens constantly and is very annoying. Re-loaded driver- no help. Re-connected to computer- no help. Using HDMI connection. Anyone else experienced this?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Yes! Still have not found the issue either, the only thing I have managed to come up with is the button is stuck or the hardware behind it is bad. Mine is to the point where it will not stay off at all unless you are holding the menu button down. Also when I increase the volume, it goes straight back down to zero, some times it goes up and down on its own.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with the HP w2408h monitor.  I've had it for over a year and it just started popping up.  This is crazy.  Has anyone found a solution?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem it's doing it as I type this it started six months ago did it for a day and went away  it comes back now and then now it stuck on all the time.  I have purchased a lot from HP but if this is what their product is turning into I thinking it's time to find some else to buy from.  I haven't even had this thing for two years yet.  Not to mention there was a problem with my PC that started just as the one year on  the warranty ran out.

HP Recommended

I found what the problem is.  It's the switches on the bottom right hand of the monitor for volume, menu and auto adjust.  Mine got so bad that it was literally popping up every two seconds.  HP wasn’t willing to help since warranty ran out refused to tell me if it was a hardware or software problem wanted me send it in which means having to pay shipping there and back and $150.00 to look at it.  So I ripped the piece of **bleep** apart and pulled the circuit board with the switches out.  Problem is gone works just fine.  Going to take the circuit board down to local repair shop in town If they give me a fair price to fix it I will have the repair it if not the parts a basic sure radio shack carries the parts.  I have all HP Equipment in my house when I spend the kind of money I and you do on stuff like this it shouldn’t be failing a year later. 

HP Recommended

This is crazy!  The pop ups were so bad, we took off the plastic frame from the monitor and clipped off the Menu button.  It fixed it for about 1 hour and now it's back.   Next step is to follow your solution of pulling out the circuit board and switches.  I'll keep you posted on the out come. 

HP Recommended

i got exactly the same problem... it appeared about 2-3 months after the warranty ran out. i had problems with hdmi before, because the firmware of the thing is so old, it could be from before 2000. their actual "solutions" are a joke... like use vga instead. this monitor is horrible with vga. i think it's either a firmware bug or a hardware issue. it almost looks as if they did it on purpose. i will not ever buy anything from hp again... ever and i'll tell everyone i know to do the same.

i hope i'll have a new monitor soon, so i can tear this piece of crap appart and rip the audio and osd-connectors out. please let me know, if any of you got around of that problem. i think it's the "minus" key on the monitor, that is faulty for all of us, right? now this can't be just pure coincidence.

HP Recommended

Try a monitor reset. Power off the PC and monitor. Unplug the monitor and hold down the monitor's power button for 30-60 seconds.  Plug the monitor back in and then power up the system.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Yeah I got pissed, unpluged my monitor, pried the buttons off the front panel then got needle nose pliars and just pried them right off the board.  The buttons are **bleep** they go bad and then keep activating.  Probably better to take it apart, pull the buttons off cleanly and solder in new ones if you know what your doing.  Don't do my method ever btw you might hurt yourself.  Warning.  Worked for me though I cant adjust volume or osd but the monitor works fine now and I have my own speakers so screw it.

HP Recommended

In my case the "functions" that popup are: "Menu", "- volume" and "Select" ("+volume" is OK)

I pulled out the board with the buttons. Everything works fine now. I downloaded "HP My Display" to control the settings. The board with the four buttons (and two resistors) seems to be OK. IMHO it is not the guilty part. The buttons "clicks" sounds fine, also the resistors and the soldering (maybe a design bug?) .

I'll never buy another thing to HP

Looks here for some instructions to pull out the board (in a user comment): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPh9lSPAGIk

Regards

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.