05-13-2013 12:21 PM
I've looked through several forums and solution sites, but I can't find anything that helps OR I can't interpret the technical jargon being used. :\
I have an HP Media Center PC with WIndows 7 installed. The monitor I'm using in an HP w2408h and after shutting my computer down one night (It'd been on for a few days straight!) and when I go to turn it on, the CPU turns on, no funny sounds, no beeps, no odd noises, it's fine, but the monitor....No windows open, it doesn't even start to open, it just goes directly to sleep mode.
I don't have any other monitors to test with, I can't get anything to open to go to the start menu. I've tried using different cords, unplugging and replugging--I'm just at a loss of what to do. I've yet to open anything up because I don't wanna knock something loose, but if need be I've got a screwdriver right next to me.
Any help would be wonderful!
That was monday, thi is now Friday. I took my tower to a computer repair shop and they ooked it up to their monitor; it worked fine. Took it back home, bought a new moitor and when I plugged it in...NO VGA SIGNAL. @___@ I tried new cords and everything. I have no clue what to do.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)