Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP W2072a
Other

I'm trying to hook up a PS4 by a HDMI to DVI, but the monitor is saying that the resolution is incorrect.  The settings need to be changed to 1600x900- 60Hz, the 60Hz is already there but i cannot figure out how to adjust it to be 1600x900.  I also cannot access the menu button when the "Input Signal Out of Range" is there.

This is not going through a computer so i cannot adjust the resoultion by the computer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

According to THE MANUAL for that model, 1600x900 is supposed to be supported.  See page 22.  However, it does not indicate that HDMI is an available input choice.  It possibly could be the adapter that is being used that is causing the problem.  Just as a side note, preset the monitor without an input, to 1600x900 if you can.  Also, try the DVI input with another device that does not need the adapter, thereby convincing the monitor ( and me) that it will function with that input.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I cannot access the menu when nothing is connected to the monitor, and i also do not know where on the menu to change the resolution to where i need it to be.  I tried going on to Image Control  but there is nothing there that would change the resolution.  The monitor's resolution is currently at 1024x768 - 60 Hz

HP Recommended

That is interesting.  The manual seems to indicate that once the Onscreen Display is avtivated, the various settings can be set and then saved.  See starting on page 12 and following.  Actually if Auto Adjustment is activated, it is supposed to take care of it.  Is it possible to connect a VGA source and make the adjustments to have it set to Auto Adjustment or set it to  the 1600x900.  Page 19 has a troubleshooter's guide

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.