Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP TouchSmart, Vista

I re-installed all printers, but still get the message in HP Solutions Center that previous installtion is not complete. Any ideas?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Uninstall the printer software using the 'Uninstall' link in the Start, Programs folder for HP Printer.Then install the latest software from your printer page.You can find your printer software/drivers page using the link here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en

Try the HP Print Diagnostic Utility to see if it can find the problem:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

how can I do to get software hp solution center for windows 7?

because my device include trouble.....

my hp can't read the ink...

so please tell me,what should I do?

HP Recommended

Hello Miftah,

I understand you need to reinstall the HP solutions center, is the correct? I will be happy to help you with that.

To provide you that software I need the make and model of the printer you have.  

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

The HP Solutions Center Icon is on the desktop, wheen clicked on the box pops up and reads that no HP devices are located.

HP Recommended

Hi snowdawg,

For the HP Solution Center not recognizing your printer. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers? Have you tried deleting and re-adding the printer in the queue?

To be able to further assist you, I would need to know the full model number of your printer. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. As well what version of Windows that you are running. I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have a problem wherein I can print to a wireless network printer, yet I can't scan.

When I attempt to scan it opens the page and I select PDF and I hear the printer initialising, but then it just hangs and I get an error message saying it can't open a connection.

I am running Vista and am using an Officejet 6500A plus, E710n.

I had to reinstall my OS and downloaded a new set of basic drivers from the HP website yesterday.

It was working previously on my old version of Vista.

Any ideas - thanks...

Michael

HP Recommended

I've broken my CD for installing HP Officejet 6313 All-in-One. And my Lap Top is new! How can I install HP solution center and other related drivers to use my product fully.

HP Recommended

Hello CherylG- I have unpluged the power and USB and then deleted all HP software from my computer then downloaded OJProl7xco_Full_14.exe multiple times (5) with the same results. Software looks like it loads with no error messages then after I answer some fax questions I get a spinning disk on the screen with a black Solution Center icon that tries to open but only gives a black screen. I have down loaded the fax & print doctor multiple times  but no help there because the hardware works! I can print, scan, copy, and fax using the buttons on the hardware. Why does the HP Solution Center desktop icon not work? What do I have to do to make it work? I seem to remember last year I had a similar problem and talked to someone at HP (I noticed that in all the HELP screens on HP there are no phone numbers - wonder why?) and the tech had to send an icon to my desktop. Doesn't look like HP has done anything to fix THEIR problem. I am not imprressed with them on this point. Anyway I still do not have a Solution Center icon on my desktop that functions correctly. My computer has a 6 core processor & 12GB RAM with operating system Windows 7 Home Premium. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello RedRose0528 - I have unpluged the power and USB and then deleted all HP software from my computer then downloaded OJProl7xco_Full_14.exe multiple times (5) with the same results. Software looks like it loads with no error messages then after I answer some fax questions I get a spinning disk on the screen with a black Solution Center icon that tries to open but only gives a black screen. I have down loaded the fax & print doctor multiple times  but no help there because the hardware works! I can print, scan, copy, and fax using the buttons on the hardware. Why does the HP Solution Center desktop icon not work? What do I have to do to make it work? I seem to remember last year I had a similar problem and talked to someone at HP (I noticed that in all the HELP screens on HP there are no phone numbers - wonder why?) and the tech had to send an icon to my desktop. Doesn't look like HP has done anything to fix THEIR problem. I am not imprressed with them on this point. Anyway I still do not have a Solution Center icon on my desktop that functions correctly. My computer has a 6 core processor & 12GB RAM with operating system Windows 7 Home Premium. Any suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.